Water Damage Insurance Claim
Water Damage Insurance Claim
One of the most common – yet difficult to deal with – types of property damage claims are water damage insurance claims. Water damage can cause enormous financial expenses for insurance companies, due to the complexity of fixing water-related electrical problems, and the cost of demolition and repairs for water damage claims.
This is one of the reasons that many insurance companies do everything they can to minimize the amount of money they have to pay during a water damage claim. They may even deny your claim outright, and say that your damage is not covered.
What should you do? Work with an experienced public claims adjuster, such as Left Tackle Consulting. We’re on your side – not on the side of insurance companies. For more than 20 years, we’ve worked with our customers to get the fair settlements for water damage.
Water Damage Insurance Claim Tips
Because water damage often causes hidden, long-term problems – such as shorted electrical outlets, mold and mildew, and long-term structural damage – it may be hard to immediately quantify the extent of damage to your home or business. Here are our top tips for doing so:
- Get a certified copy of your policy – You want to make sure that you have a full copy of your insurance contract, so that you can understand what’s covered, and the duties owed to you by your insurance company.
- Mitigate water damage (but don’t restore your property) – You can take steps to minimize further water damage, but do not restore your property. Restoring your property before your claim is processed could result in rejection.
- Document the full extent of the damage on your own – Take photos, videos, and notes about the damage that has happened to your home. Do not just trust the adjuster from the insurance company to do this – you need to have your own evidence, in case of a dispute.
- Ask for a moisture mapping survey – You will want your insurer to use moisture mapping technology, like thermal/infrared imaging, to document the full extent of the damage. If they refuse, hire a property and claims adjuster like Left Tackle Consulting.
- Get your own estimates for repairs and restoration in order to get a realistic estimate of what repairs will cost.
If your insurance company is being unresponsive, delaying your claim, or otherwise providing poor service, hire Left Tackle Consulting. We can help you get through the entire claims process, and get all of the compensation to which you’re entitled.
Get The Help You Need For Water Damage Claims!
It’s an unfortunate fact, but many insurance companies do their best to deny water damage claims, and say that the leak is the fault of the homeowner due to maintenance issues or other reasons. Even if this is not the case, your claim may be denied.
That’s why you need Left Tackle Consulting on your side. We know how to work with insurance companies and our evidence-based approach to insurance appraisal helps ensure that your claim won’t be incorrectly denied.
Contact Us Today