Tornado Damage Claim
Tornado damage can often take many forms. Whether it’s structural damage to your home due to high winds damaging the roof and siding, debris that impacts your home and property, or water damage from rain entering through broken windows, a tornado claim usually involves a number of different elements.
This can make it difficult for you to file a claim with your insurer, particularly if they are handling a large volume of other claims. The best way to recover your settlement quickly – and make sure it’s fair – is by partnering with an experienced property and claims adjuster like Left Tackle Consulting.
We are based in Kansas, so we have a deep understanding of the damage tornadoes can do, and the stress and headaches associated with filing an insurance claim. We’ve been helping people all across America with tornado claims for more than two decades.
Tornado Insurance Claim Tips
Wondering how you can make sure you’re covered if you ever need to file a tornado damage claim? Here are our top tips for getting the most from your policy.
- Know your coverage – You should understand what parts of your home are protected. Your garage, for example, is typically not given the same coverage as the rest of your home. Make sure you get a certified copy of your policy, and read it over, to understand what’s covered in your home.
- Document all damages – Using photos and video, document all damage to the interior and exterior of the house, and take notes about its condition. Don’t rely on your insurance company’s adjuster to do this – do it yourself.
- Have a list of personal property – Having a list that outlines your personal property is a good idea for all insurance claims. A detailed list of what you own, as well as its expected value, can help you get an accurate assessment of the items that have been lost due to tornado damage.
- Obtain repair estimates – When looking to repair your home, ask contractors for repair estimates so that you will have a realistic understanding of how much it will cost to restore it to its previous condition.
- Understand all of your options – In some cases, you could have the option to demolish and rebuild your home, or get a cash payout for its value, rather than repair it. Make sure you understand which of these options may be right for you.
- Work with a property and claims adjuster – The best way to navigate the complicated tornado damage claims process is by working with a property and claims adjuster. Public adjusters work for you – not the insurance company. They can provide accurate damage estimates, and explain what’s covered by your policy.
Get Help For Tornado Damage!
If your insurance company is not responsive to your needs, or is attempting to deny your claim or minimize your payout, you need the help of Left Tackle Consulting.
We’re always on your side – and we’ve got decades of experience working with insurance companies to settle tornado damage claims.